The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy (EJB) seeks to hire a full time, non-tenure track professor of practice at a rank of instructor or assistant professor to work with the EJB Undergraduate Internship Program in coordination with the University’s Cooperative Extension program. The EJB Undergraduate Program has over 550 students currently enrolled in public health, health administration, public policy and urban planning/design. Internships or other experiential learning experiences are required of all students.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Programs at EJB with annual review by the Senior Associate Director of the Cooperative Extension, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Expand community partnerships and build positive working relationships with key public health stakeholders at a local, state and national level;
- Develop internship placements and establish memorandum of agreements with placement sites
- Recruit and train qualified internships preceptors in associated agencies and organizations
- Meet, advise and coordinate students on internship placements and career planning;
- Manage and supervise student internships in professional work settings;
- Teach leadership and professional development courses;
- Manage all aspects of the internship program and maintains accurate records, preceptor databases, contracts and affiliation agreements.
- Collect data and track activities for evaluation, achievements and program improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum education and experience: Master’s Degree in relevant field.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
The most up-to-date employment listings may be found at the Rutgers University Human Resources website.