I have great interest in the underlying factors that led to these divergent paths and in the role required of planning and policy in managing and revitalizing depopulating cities and securing their eventual prosperity. I did not narrow down neither my research question nor the range of study yet, but I would like to investigate following two aspects: 1) when facing to the industrial collapse, why, what makes, people and employers either elect to remain in cities or move out? 2) What types of planning or policy intervention were adopted, why, and how they work?
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program, Fellowship (2016.8-2018.8)
- “The characteristics and Policy Implication of emerging Unsold Industrial Estates”, (Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements (KRIHS), 2016)
- “Guidelines for Supply and Demand Management Plans in Industrial Estate Development”, (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2016).
- “Implementing a Regional Development Project Evaluation System”, (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2015).
- “Diagnosis of Korean Industrial Cities for Sustainable Development”, (KRIHS, 2014).