RAPPS seeks to encourage and facilitate open communication among students, faculty, staff and administration, to represent and advocate for the interests of planning and policy graduate students, and to promote and enact necessary improvements, so as to enhance the overall educational experience.
The Rutgers Association of Policy and Planning Students (RAPPS) is an advocacy group for students of the Public Policy Program and Urban Planning & Policy Development Program. We are a liason between students and the departments, the Bloustein School, and Rutgers University. We provide an organized voice for students and also a means of organizing for issues (including socializing) of student interest. In Spring 1999, urban planning students joined together with policy students to change the name and purpose of RAPPS to include Public Policy students. Thus, a new structure for RAPPS was created in Fall 1999.
- President: Maheen Rashid
- VP Urban Planning: Lindsey May
- VP Public Policy: Jazmyne McNeese
- VP PhD Program:
- Secretary: Rafay Kazmi
- Treasurer: George Klevorn
- Social Chair: Javier Zavaleta
- Service Chair: Daniel Coghlan
- Editor: Melvin Wah
- GSA Representative: Roshard Williams
- Social Justice Chair: Storm Ervin
- APA Representative: Steph Neal
- University Senator: Anish Patel
Want to submit an article to the journal? View our Submission Guidelines