- Master’s Degree – Urban and Regional Planning (The University of Texas at San Antonio)
- Bachelor’s Degree – Civil Engineering (The University of Texas at San Antonio)
- Bachelor’s Degree – Multidisciplinary Science (Texas Tech University)
- Economic Development
- Community Development
- Labor Policy
- Urban Governance & Politics
- World/Global Cities
- Poverty & Inequality
- Neighborhood Dynamics
- Presidential Fellowship, Rutgers
- Foote, Nathan S. 2017. “Beyond Studentification in United States College Towns: Neighborhood Change in the Knowledge Nodes, 1980-2010.” Environment and Planning A, 49(6), 1341-1360. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0308518X17698962.
- Foote, Nathan and Rebecca Walter. 2016. “Neighborhood and Socioeconomic Change in Emerging Megapolitan Nodes: Tracking Shifting Social Geographies in Three Rapidly Growing United States Metropolitan Areas, 1980-2010.” Urban Geography. E-published ahead of print 11 August 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02723638.2016.1217637.