- Students in SAS and SEBS or another professional school should consult their dean’s office regarding their school’s degree requirements.
- For students directly admitted to Rutgers by the Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, your undergraduate degree includes:
- Completion of the Bloustein School General Education Requirements
- Completion of a Bloustein School major program
- Completion of a minimum of 120 degree credits
- Completion of at least 30 Rutgers credits, including 12 credits within the Bloustein School
- Meet the minimum 2.000 cumulative grade-point average
Online Diploma Application
- All Bloustein School direct admit undergraduate students who anticipate finishing degree requirements within the coming year must apply online for graduation by the deadline dates listed below.
- By completing the application, students will be certain to receive their requested “Diploma Name” with the correct spacing and spelling. They can inform the school if they will be attending graduation ceremonies and University Commencement; update their email address, phone number, and permanent address, as well as, indicate whether they prefer to have their diploma mailed or picked up in the Registrar’s Office.
Dates for Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy (direct admits students only):
- If completing requirements at the end of summer session: April 15 – August 15 (August graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of fall term: September 1 – January 15 (January graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of winter session: September 1 – January 15 (January graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of spring term: December 15 – May 15 (May graduation date)
Honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude)
The bachelor’s degree is conferred with the distinction summa cum laude for graduates with a Rutgers cumulative grade-point average of 3.850 or higher; magna cum laude for those with an average of 3.700 or higher; and cum laude for those with an average of 3.500 or higher. Averages are not rounded to the next higher number in the calculation of honors.
Departmental (major) Honors
For students in SAS, SEBS or another Rutgers professional school, the Bloustein School acts as a major department. Graduates who achieve distinction in a Bloustein School major will receive departmental honors. Highest honors for those with a major average of 3.800 or higher; High honors for those with a major average of 3.600 – 3.799; and honors for those with a major average of 3.400-3.599. Averages are not rounded to the next higher number in the calculation of honors.
What to do and when to do it? Bloustein School Senior Review (for direct admit students)
Seniors may contact email@example.com with questions or concerns regarding their degree requirements, convocation and more.