Welcome to the Bloustein School. As a new employee, you will need a few accounts setup. As part of the on-boarding process, you will receive your NetID. It is important that once you get this account, that you let us know so that we can start creating your other accounts. Specifically, you will need an account on our domain so that you can login to your computer, or other stations in the school and an email account. You will also need to be added to various email distribution lists and you may have other requirements depending on the department you are working for. The following information is intended to help guide you through the process of getting the accounts and access you need.
- NetID: New employees are assigned a NetID as part of the on-boarding process at Rutgers University. New employees should receive an email from HR with information about their NetID and a link for activation. The NetID account is used to authenticate to almost every system at the university and is extremely important. When you receive that email, please follow the instructions to activate the account and then please notify your hiring contact, or us directly about your newly issued NetID. Our contact info can be found on our home page.
- Local Network Account: In order to login to the computer in your office or designated work area, you will need an account on our domain. Once you receive your NetID information, please send us that information so that we can create an account for you on our domain using the same username as your NetID. Please note that when you login with your account on our domain, you will have access to the commonly shared folders, as well as your home directory. Please note that you should save all files to your home directory (U: drive), as the files on your local computer are not backed up.
- Email: The primary email system used at EJB is Office 365. Once your NetID has been created during the on-boarding process, we can issue you an account and modify the account to reflect an appropriate account name. Once you have an Office 365 account, you can also gain access to shared or what we typically refer to as resource accounts. If you need access to a resource account and do not have such access, please contact us for help. Once you have an account, you can use this page of our web site to help you get acclimated to 365.
- Bloustein Mailing Lists: There are quite a few mailing lists used within the organization and you should inquire with your center or hiring contact as to whether you need to be added to any specific mailing lists. Our office will add you to the main mailing list for faculty and staff depending on your affiliation as part of our standard procedures. You can use this link to view some of our mailing lists.
- Phones: Most workstations in our buildings have dedicated phones and if one is allocated to your workstation, it will be configured in advance of your arrival. You will receive an email on or shortly before your start date with information on using your new phone.
- Security: We have numerous protections in place to try to keep your computer running safely. However, we do rely on our community members to try to practice safe computing. As a new employee, you will receive information about our policy on using non public personal information and you will be asked to take an online training session. Please complete the training session as soon as time permits. We also regularly send out information about information security and offer in person classes once or twice each year on cyber security.
- Special Needs: If you have any special needs in terms of system access or software programs you will need to do your job, please let us know as early in advance as possible.
- Getting Help: If you need any technical assistance, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Our contact information is on our home page.