Instructor of Teaching & Undergraduate Internship CoordinatorMHA, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Room 567, Civic Square Building
- (848) 932-2819
- aakanksha.deoli [at] rutgers.edu
- Maternal Health
- Population Health
- Healthcare Disparities
- Healthcare Management
- Process Improvement
Aakanksha Deoli, MHA, is an Instructor of Teaching at the Bloustein School for several undergraduate Health Administration courses, including Intro to Health Administration, Intro to Lean in Health Care, Leadership Seminar, and the Professional Practice Internship course. She also serves as the Internship Coordinator for all undergraduate majors within the school.
As Vice-President of the Bloustein Graduate Student Association, she initiated the Townhall sessions for the MHA program. Aakanksha was an integral part of the team responsible for the MHA program at Bloustein, securing CAHME accreditation. At the New Jersey Department of Health, she researched ways to reduce Maternal Mortality as a Policy Intern and recommended using a Pay for Performance program in New Jersey hospitals focusing on maternal care. Before starting her current role at Bloustein, she managed the Women’s Wellness Pantry Program at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
Aakanksha’s scholastic achievements include the Outstanding Student Service Award, May 2020, Recognition of Excellence, Rutgers GSA Graduate Student Service Award, July 2021, Famdent Excellence in Dentistry Awards – Student of the Year 2015. Her research interests include maternal and infant health, population health, and health care disparities.
- Intro to Health Administration
- Intro to Lean in Health Care
- Leadership Seminar
- Professional Practice Internship
- Bhuyan, S, Bhatt, J., Deoli A. (May 21, 2020). Rural America emerges into recovery Ill prepared for COVID-19’s spread.[Editorial]
- Bhuyan S, Deoli A. (2020). The Challenges of Hospital Contracting in the Era of Value-Based Purchasing. [Editorial]. MDAdvisor: A Journal for New Jersey Medical Community.