ProfessorB.A., Trenton State College; M.A., Rutgers; M.P.H., Rutgers/ University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey; Ph.D., Rutgers
- Room 387, Civic Square Building
- (848) 932-2945
- Health and policy issues facing American children and minorities
- Mortality and morbidity
- High risk behaviors
Dona Schneider is a Professor at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. She teaches public health courses and serves as article, book and grant reviewer for more than 30 journals and publishing houses. Her CV lists more than 150 refereed journal articles, books and book chapters, mostly focusing on mortality, morbidity and risk factors for disease, especially for children and minorities.
- Senior Seminar
- Introduction to Planning, Policy and Health
- Population Health
- 2019: Greenberg MR and Schneider D. Environmental Health and the U.S. Federal System: Sustainably Managing Health Hazards. UK: Routledge. pp. 296
- 2017: Greenberg MR and Schneider D. Urban Planning and Public Health: A Critical Partnership. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association. pp. 341
- 2015: Schneider, D and Lilienfeld DE, Foundations of Epidemiology, 4th ed. New York: Oxford University Press. Kindle Edition available with text-to-speech enabled. Also available on GooglePlay.
Chapters in Books or Monographs
- 2014: Schneider D and Turshen M. “Political and Social Violence: Health Effects”. In: Encyclopedia of Environmental Health, Online Reference Module for Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences (Scott Elias, Ed.). Oxford, U.K.: Elsevier. 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-52272-6.00194-X
Articles in Refereed Journals
- 2018: Schneider D and Turshen M. “Political and Social Violence: Health Effects”. In: Encyclopedia of Environmental Health, 2nd ed, J Nriagu, Ed. Oxford, U.K.: Elsevier. Updated throughout. from the 2014 edition.
- 2018: Schneider D and Greenberg MR. Urban Planning and Public Health: Synergies for Achieving a Healthy Delaware. Delaware Journal of Public Health (DJPH) 4,2, 56-63, March 2018.
- 2014: Gezmu T, Schneider D, Demissie K, Lin Y, Gizzi MS. Risk Factors for Acute Stroke among South Asians Compared to Other Racial/EthnicGroups. PLoS ONE 9(9): e108901. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0108901
- 2014: Gezmu T, Schneider D, Demissie K, Gordano C, Gizzi MS. Lipid profiles and ischemic stroke risk: Variations by gender and racial/ethnic group. International Journal of Women’s Health 6:585-95.
- 2014: Gezmu T, Gizzi MS, Kirmani JF, Schneider D, Moussavi. Disparities in acute stroke severity, outcomes, and care relative to health insurance status. Journal of Stroke and Cardiovascular Disease 2014;23(2):e93-98. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2013.08.027.
- 2011: Schneider D and Lilienfeld DE (Eds.) Public Health: The Development of a Discipline. Volume II. Twentieth Century Challenges. 2011. Piscataway, NJ: Rutgers University Press. pp. 824. Kindle Edition available with text-to-speech enabled.
- 2008: Schneider D and Lilienfeld DE (Eds.) Public Health: The Development of a Discipline. Volume I: From the Age of Hippocrates Through the Progressive Era. 2008. Piscataway, NJ: Rutgers University Press. pp. 848. Kindle Edition available with text-to-speech enabled.