Epsilon Beta Chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma
Eta Sigma Gamma National Health Education Honorary
In spring 2009, Rutgers installed the Epsilon Beta Chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma. The initial class consisted of 27 members of the public health major and minor programs at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. The primary purpose of Eta Sigma Gamma is to further the professional competence and dedication of individual members of the health education profession. The mission of the honorary is the promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence, and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education.
Eligible students must meet the following requirements in order to join:
- Be declared in the Public Health major or minor
- Completion of one or more semesters (fall/spring) as a declared major or minor in Public Health
- A GPA of 3.0+ in the Public Health major/minor and an overall GPA of 3.0+
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of one additional semester (fall or spring) after their initiation into Eta Sigma Gamma; therefore,
- Graduating seniors are NOT eligible to apply in their graduating semester (August graduates may NOT apply in their last spring semester)
Your participation will provide you with experiences that will complement your education and foster your career goals. As you know, “real-world experience” is increasingly important in today’s competitive job market.
Here are some opportunities that your active membership will provide:
- Practical teaching experience outside the classroom
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Fostering organizational skills
- Improved social skills
- Enriched verbal and written communication skills
View the Eta Sigma Gamma member manual.
Please complete the application by 5pm, Monday, April 3, 2023.
A $50 application fee is required for all applicants who successfully meet the eligibility requirements. All registration fees must be paid via a personal check or money order and be dropped off to Jessica Reyes at the Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy (33 Livingston Avenue, 1st Floor, Room 186). Please note, payments will ONLY be accepted on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during business hours. Should you have any financial concerns, please contact Linda Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eta Sigma Gamma also provides grant opportunities, scholarships, and travel assistance as well as a wide network of professionals in Health Education throughout the country. All we ask is that you take an active role in contributing your knowledge and skills to the task of providing health promotion and health education services to those in need. The faculty sponsor of the Epsilon Beta Chapter is Linda Brown (email@example.com).
Eta Sigma Gamma 2023-2024 Officers
- President – Halla Yousef
- Vice President – Catherine Attia
- Treasurer – Hilal Tiryaki
Secretary – Julianne Varga
Social Media Chair – Chloe Sequeira
Event Chair – Aliyah Oberoi