A member service of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
- To elevate the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally educated students in healthcare management and policy and leadership.
- To recognize and encourage scholarship in healthcare management and policy.
- To recognize students who achieve distinction in healthcare management and policy studies in universities and colleges.
- To provide financial assistance through scholarships to outstanding students pursuing graduate degrees or professional studies in healthcare management and policy.
- To motivate academic excellence in students studying healthcare management and policy
- To recognize, by means of granting honorary induction to the UPD Chapter, individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the profession, such recognitions to be limited to one person per year
The name is derived from the Greek words:
Υ Upsilon (health)
Φ Phi (care)
Δ Delta (to lead)
Honor Society Colors: Crimson Red and Blue
- Eligibility for Membership in Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society is limited to those who meet the national and local standards of this organization and are accepted and initiated into membership of a collegiate chapter.
- Academic standing. Members are selected for their academic achievement, service to the community and/or contributions to the healthcare management profession. Eligibility will be limited to current MHA students who have accumulated a minimum of 42 credits and who have earned a minimum grade point average of 3.75 (out of 4.0).
- Honorary Members. Honorary membership may be conferred upon individuals for outstanding contributions to the health administration profession.
- Alumni: Alumni member induction is permitted when alumni have met all eligibility standards of the collegiate chapter.
For additional information please contact Ann Marie Hill, MBA, Associate Professor of Practice