Assistant Teaching Professor
M.B.A., Boston College, B.A. History of Art, University of Pennsylvania
- Room 248, Civic Square Building
- (848) 932-2738
- jane.kaye [at] rutgers.edu
Teaching and research Interests
- budget and finance
- health economics
- health policy
- strategic planning
- business development
- healthcare management and operations
Jane Kaye, MBA is an Assistant Professor of Teaching at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. A healthcare CFO who brings 25+ years of finance leadership and consulting experience to health systems and physician practices positioning themselves for growth, Jane’s unique ability to evaluate strategic options is based on her deep knowledge of healthcare finance and operations. Jane has served as CFO to multiple for-profit and non-profit entities, has guided numerous finance deals, and has advised hospitals, health systems and physician practices that are poised for growth.
As President of HealthCare Finance Advisors, Jane has leveraged her 25+ years of healthcare finance leadership and consulting experience to partner with senior executives throughout the healthcare industry. She has instructed in the Bloustein School’s undergraduate and master’s degree programs, designing in-person, hybrid, and remote finance classes to meet core degree requirements.
- Financial Aspects of Health Administration
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- “A new concept of healthcare finance for recruiting, retaining and engaging the next generation of professionals.” The Leadership Newsletter, Healthcare Financial Management Association. November 2020.
- “How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Finance More Human.” Garden State Focus Magazine, Summer 2019.
- “Finance Education is Critical for Nurse Leaders and the Fiscal Health of their Institutions.” Garden State Focus Magazine, Winter 2017/2018.