Online Transcript/Degree Navigator Review
Graduating seniors are asked to review their online transcripts to ensure that errors (if any) are caught before certification of diplomas. Students should look for typos, incorrect duplicates of transfer credits/courses, and especially omission of transfer credits/courses. Degree Navigator must be checked regularly to ensure that all degree requirements have been satisfied
- Students in SAS and SEBS or another professional school should consult their dean’s office regarding their school’s degree requirements.
- For students directly admitted to Rutgers by the Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, your undergraduate degree includes:
- Completion of the Bloustein School General Education Requirements
- Completion of a Bloustein School major program
- Completion of a minimum of 120 degree credits
- Completion of at least 30 Rutgers credits, including 12 credits within the Bloustein School
- Meet the minimum 2.000 cumulative grade-point average
Your Graduation Date
You can find your declared year and month in Degree Navigator on the left panel. This date is what prompts your record to be included in the senior review. If your date is inaccurate, it must be updated.
- Changes can be made via the online Class Year/Graduation Date Change form here. *Direct Admit Students only*
- Your graduation date should be firmly declared by the end of the semester before you plan to graduate.
- You will be asked to verify the declared graduation date on your record in the fall and spring semesters.
Online Diploma Application
- All Bloustein School direct admit undergraduate students who anticipate finishing degree requirements within the coming year must apply online for graduation by the deadline dates listed below.
- By completing the application, students will be certain to receive their requested “Diploma Name” with the correct spacing and spelling. A student’s “Diploma Name” must match his/her name as it currently appears in the Rutgers Database. Students who wish to have a different name appear on their diploma must submit a “Change of Name Form” along with two forms of evidence that they are already known by the new name (such as a marriage certificate, driver’s license, Court Order, passport, or bank statement).
- Students can also inform the school if they will be attending graduation ceremonies and University Commencement; update their email address, phone number, and permanent address, as well as, indicate whether they prefer to have their diploma mailed or picked up in the Registrar’s Office.
Dates for Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy (direct admits students only):
- If completing requirements at the end of summer session: April 15 – August 15 (August graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of fall term: September 1 – January 15 (January graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of winter session: September 1 – January 15 (January graduation date)
- If completing requirements at the end of spring term: December 15 – May 15 (May graduation date)
Honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude)
The bachelor’s degree is conferred with the distinction summa cum laude for graduates with a Rutgers cumulative grade-point average of 3.850 or higher; magna cum laude for those with an average of 3.700 or higher; and cum laude for those with an average of 3.500 or higher. Averages are not rounded to the next higher number in the calculation of honors.
Departmental (major) Honors
For students in SAS, SEBS or another Rutgers professional school, the Bloustein School acts as a major department. Graduates who achieve distinction in a Bloustein School major will receive departmental honors. Highest honors for those with a major average of 3.800 or higher; High honors for those with a major average of 3.600 – 3.799; and honors for those with a major average of 3.400-3.599. Averages are not rounded to the next higher number in the calculation of honors.
Commencement Family Invitation Letter Request (for International students graduating and attending May Commencement and Convocation)
What else is there? Bloustein School Senior Review (for direct admit students)
Seniors may contact email@example.com with questions or concerns regarding their degree requirements, major requirements, convocation and more.