Rutgers Camden and Newark Students
(School to School Transfer)
The Bloustein School undergraduate programs are not available to students at Rutgers-Camden and Newark. Students who are interested in transferring to the Bloustein School are required to submit the online School to School Transfer Application through Rutgers Undergraduate Admissions. The online application is open from October 1st to December 10th for spring transfer and from February 1st to July 1st for fall transfer.SCHOOL-TO-SCHOOL TRANSFER APPLICATION
- A minimum of 30 credits before the transfer
- Completion of the prerequisite courses for desired program of study with grades of C or better and a minimum 2.500 cumulative grade point average.
- The prerequisite course(s) may be in progress when the application is submitted. The course(s) should be completed before the application deadline. The application will be reviewed after the grade(s) is posted.
For prerequisite courses completed outside of Rutgers, the same guidelines used for external applicants will be applied:
- Students are required to earn a grade of C or better in order for the credits to transfer to Rutgers-Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy.
Transfer Credits and Course Evaluation
- Transfer Re-evaluations: The Bloustein School will re-evaluate all credits taken outside of Rutgers University once a student has accepted admission. Therefore, students may see an increase or decrease in their total degree credits. We highly recommend meeting with an advisor prior to applying.
- Transfer Credits: In general, credits are granted for courses taken at accredited colleges and universities if they are the equivalent of courses offered by Rutgers University and a grade of at least a “C” has been earned. Up to 60 degree credits can transfer from community college. Up to 90 degree credits can transfer from another four year college or university. The maximum combined number of transfer credits between a two-year and four-year school is 90.
Prospective school to school transfer students are encouraged to attend an information session to learn about admissions, program(s) of interest, course offerings and more.
To schedule a virtual pre-advising appointment, please click here.
It is strongly recommended that students attend an information session or a pre-advising appointment prior to applying to better understand the admissions process, desired area of study, and course sequence of major requirements.