Members of the Bloustein School community and their friends, significant others, spouses, parents/grandparents, children are invited to an historic preservation and development walking tour in Piscataway, NJ at East Jersey Old Town Village and Cornelius Low House on Sunday, April 8, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. until approximately 3:15 p.m.
Participants must provide own transportation to these sites.This is a free, custom tour offered to members of the Bloustein School community led by Mark Nonesteid of the Middlesex County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
Tour will start promptly at 1:00 p.m. in the parking lot at at East Jersey Old Towne Village. The village tour will last approximately 1 hour. Participants will then drive to the Cornelius low House for the tour starting at 2:15 p.m. This tour will also last approximately 1 hour.
1:00 p.m.: Meet in Parking Lot of East Jersey Old Towne Village
1050 River Road, Piscataway, NJ (732-745-3030)
2:15p.m.: Meet at Cornelius Low House (tour begins at 1:15 p.m.)
1225 River Road, Piscataway, NJ (732-745-4177)
Participants are encouraged to review these informational links prior to the tour:
- East Jersey Olde Towne Village: http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/village.asp
- Indian Queen Tavern at East Jersey Olde Towne Village: http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/village4.asp
- Cornelius Low House: http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/museum1.asp
- Information on archaeology work that was conducted in New Brunswick. Many of these artifacts are on display. This is a good example of archaeology work conducted through a Section 106 review process with the New Jersey State Historic Preservation Office. http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/tavern-dig.asp
- Information on ADA and access to the sites. This is certainly important when discussing ADA and its impact on historic structures. click on the “bobby approved” website format at the top of the access page to see the layout of an accessible website http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/access.asp
- East Jersey Olde Towne Village and the Cornelius Low House are operated by the Middlesex County Cultural & Heritage Commission an agency of County Government. Each County in New Jersey has a Cultural & Heritage Commission, many of which preserve and interpret historic sites. http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/index.asp
- For parking instructions for the Low House please see the following link – http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/museum4.asp
Questions? Contact David Listokin.