New Employees


Please complete and return the Employee Information Form along with your signed appointment letter (if applicable) as soon as possible to:

Keri Ferreira
Bloustein School
33 Livingston Ave. Rm 172
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
fax 732-932-0934

If you have never worked for Rutgers before or it has been more than 6 months since you’ve received a paycheck you will need to complete the electronic I-9 (E-verify). This must be done within 3 days of your start date. Please contact Keri ( to set up a date and time to come in. You will need to bring 2 forms of ID with you. See list of acceptable documents. If you have any question, please feel free to contact the business office at 848-932-3238.

Continuing hourly students

If you are a continuing hourly student who has received a paycheck in the past 6 months, nothing needs to be done.  You can start working and submitting your time sheets to the appropriate business person in your department, once your supervisor has approved your hours.  Any changes that need to be made to your address, phone number, direct deposit, etc. can be done by signing into the Rutgers Portal using your NetID and password.

For PA residents only: PA Resident Tax form

Continuing TA’s

All continuing TA’s must submit a signed Waiver to Keri Ferreira in order for their paperwork to be processed.  Returning full time, full academic year TA’s do not have to attend the TA Orientation.  Health Insurance coverage will carry over to the new academic year.  No forms are required.  For one-semester, part time TA’s, health enrollment will automatically take place by HR once your appointment as a TA has been processed.  All NEW full time, full academic year TA’s must attend the TA Orientation.  Email Keri for date/time/location of the Orientation.

Orientation (full-time faculty and staff only)

You will be enrolled in an orientation program held at University Human Resources. At this meeting you will enroll in benefits programs and learn more about the university. Please see the UHR website for more information available to new employees.

Faculty/PTL Guide

Employee Self Service

Absence Balances and Details, Tax Forms, Direct Deposit, Paystubs, etc. can be viewed/updated by logging into the Rutgers Portal and navigating to the Employee Self Service tab.


Please visit the Information Technology Services website for new employees to get your computer accounts set up.

Faculty, PTLs and TAs should also visit the  Instructional Technology pages to learn more about incorporating technology in the classroom

The Bloustein School has a Director of IT, Unit Computing Manager, Instructional Technology Specialist and part-time staff and students to help you with your technology needs.

Office Needs

Keys: Please see Thomas Calhoun, 848-932-2813, room 154 to sign out a key to your office.

Phone: Please contact Martin O’Reilly if you have questions about your office phone. Also see the  Voice over IP phone page for more information.

Evacuation Procedures: Read Guidlines | View Map

Phone Directory:  If you are using Outlook (, you should have access to the EJB directory which has email, phone and office numbers for each employee at Bloustein. Contact Tamara Swedberg for more information


After you have received your first paycheck, you can register online for a parking permit

Union Information (Part-time lecturers only)

Union Information

Faculty/PTL Guide