These software solutions allow you to record over a PowerPoint. You can choose to just show the slides, or use Picture-in-picture, which records you as you speak. You can also record the screen as you demonstrate a process in a web browser or application (i.e. Excel).
- Kaltura Personal Capture is available under any Canvas site by clicking on My Media > Add New > Kaltura Personal Capture.
- Camtasia is software you can use to make pre-recorded lectures. We have a Recording Room on the 4th floor where you can record your lecture with high tech equipment in a distraction-free environment. If you want your own copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your instructional needs for approval.
Online Video Conferencing and Recording
All of the solutions below allow for audio, video, screen share. All except BigBlueButton have a mobile app.
- WebEx is the current solution supported by Rutgers. Setup instructions: https://go.rutgers.edu/webex20
- Skype is a free application that allows you to make audio and video calls online. Screen share is also included.
- BigBlueButton is included in Canvas under “conferences”.
- Zoom allows for free one-on-one calling for up to 40 minutes. Additional plans for more people and unlimited minutes available via subscription.
Cameras and Microphones
If you need a headset or a webcam, please email email@example.com and describe your instructional needs so we can get them approved and ordered.